You do not steal. ~ Exodus 20:15
1. Have I stolen anything or wished to do so?
2. Have I stolen by fraud, deception or conspiracy?
3. Have I kept anything that did not belong to me?
4. Have I stolen by not rendering a service for which I was compensated?
You do not commit adultery. ~ Exodus 20:14
1. Have I committed the sins of adultery or fornication?
2. Have I had any sexual experiences outside of marriage?
3. Have I kept my marriage vows of faithfulness unto my spouse only? Have I kept myself from my spouse for reasons other than prayer, illness etc.?
You do not murder. ~ Exodus 20:13
1. Have I murdered another person, or contributed to the death of another person, willfully or accidentally?
2. Have I had an abortion or given support or encouragement to someone else to have one?
“Respect your father and your mother, so that your days are prolonged upon the soil which יהוה your Elohim is giving you. ~ Exodus 20:12
1. Have I been disrespectful to my parents or inattentive to their advice, counsel and concern for me?
2. Have I been lacking in love for them? Do they know that I love them? Have I failed to not only tell them, but show them?
3. Have I withheld love for them out of hurt past or present, bitterness of disappointment, or desire to hurt them, lack of forgiveness?
4. Have I disobeyed them?
5. Have I neglected them or failed to help them, for selfish reasons or lack of desire to do so?
6. Have I cared for my parents in their illnesses or old age as I am able to and in a selfless and grateful attitude?
“Remember the Sabbath day, to set it apart. “Six days you labour, and shall do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of יהוה your Elohim. You do not do any work – you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. “For in six days יהוה made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore יהוה blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart. ~ Exodus 20:8-11
“You do not bring the Name of יהוה your Elohim to naught, for יהוה does not leave the one unpunished who brings His Name to naught. ~ Exodus 20:7
1. Have I profaned the name of YHVH in any way?
2. Have I been thoughtless or irreverent with the name of YHVH?
“You do not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of that which is in the heavens above, or which is in the earth beneath, or which is in the waters under the earth, you do not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, יהוה your Elohim am a jealous Ěl, visiting the crookedness of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing kindness to thousands, to those who love Me and guard My commands. ~ Exodus 20:5-6