What Would Jesus Do? What Did He Do?
When I was in middle school it was a big fad to go to the store or fashion store and get the “What would Jesus Do” (WWJD) bracelets. Everyone had them! It was just the thing to have around your wrist. Yet when you look around today, we don’t see those anymore.
What would Jesus do? Maybe they found out what Jesus did. And, like most people, excuse the truth and continue blindly.
Proverbs 14:12 ~ There can be a way which seems right to a person, but at its end are the ways of death.
This Proverb is repeated again in 16:25 of Proverbs. When He repeats Himself, we should probably pay attention!
So what did Jesus do? First off, he didn’t go by “Jesus”.
- “Jesus” means nothing. Literally, there’s no meaning to that name. On the contrary, his Hebrew name, Y’shua (a shorten version of Y’hoshua [Joshua]), means, “Salvation” or “Yah is my Salvation”.
- Y’shua kept the Sabbath (7th Day). On our modern calendar this is Friday sundown to Saturday sundown (as the Hebrew day starts at nightfall of the following evening).
- Y’shua didn’t celebrate pagan holidays. (Hint: Easter, Halloween, Christmas).
- He did not lie
- He did not cheat
- He did not steal
- Y’shua kept all of the Feast Days given by YHVH.
- Y’shua ate only clean animals. (Swine/Shelfish were unclean before he died and after. Their anatomy did not change. They’re still mobile garbage disposers).
Do you see where we’re going? Y’shua kept the Torah (instruction) of YHVH. It’s no wonder this fad didn’t last too long. For more on this subject, 119 Ministries put together a quick thought, What Would Jesus Do, WWJD.