Yom Kippur Self Examination: 10 Days of Awe Series – Day Eight
You do not steal. ~ Exodus 20:15
1. Have I stolen anything or wished to do so?
2. Have I stolen by fraud, deception or conspiracy?
3. Have I kept anything that did not belong to me?
4. Have I stolen by not rendering a service for which I was compensated?
5. Have I tried honestly to find the owner of lost articles I found, when it was reasonable to do so?
6. Have I cheated or defrauded anyone?
7. Have I accepted or purchased stolen goods?
8. Have I disposed improperly of the goods of another?
9. Have I paid my debts in a timely way?
10. Have I lived within my means?
11. Have I lived extravagantly or wastefully?
12. Have I been selfish with what is entrusted to me?
13. Have I been miserly in soul?
14. Have I been stingy?
15. Have I given to those in need?
16. Have I been honest and upright in my dealings with others?
17. Have I been a careless steward in use of or over consumption of food that I have been given?
18. Have I been careless steward in use of or over consumption of natural resources?
19. Have I not shared what blessing YHVH has given me with others?
20. Have I cheated or not been totally honest on accounting, expense accounts, or other trusts?
21. Have I not done my share of the workload in the community (the Body), or my home?
22. Have I created inconveniences or problems for others, robbing them of their rights, time, health or joy?
23. Have I not provided adequately for my family due to being a poor steward or other reason?
24. Am I guilty of insensitivity and lack of availability to others?
25. Have I failed to fight injustices and oppression?
26. Have I stolen or tried to steal other’s joy, peace of mind, peace of spirit because I was not and envious?
27. Have I stolen, or tried to steal glory from YHVH?