Yom Kippur Self Examination: 10 Days of Awe Series – Day Nine
“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.” ~ Exodus 20:16
1. Have I slandered anyone? Have I slandered YHVH?
2. Have I lied?
3. Have I added to or taken away from the truth? The Torah?
4. Have I made careless statements or spoken evil of anyone? Have I betrayed the confidence of another person?
5. Have I criticized others?
6. Have I rejoiced in the failings or downfall of others?
7. Have I covered my brother’s shame as Shem and Japeth covered their father Noah’s?
8. Have I spread gossip or scandal? Have I listened to it?
9. Have I hurt the reputation of anyone else?
10. Have I concealed the truth or assisted in carrying out a lie? Have I confessed any unintentional sin that I have committed?
11. Have I confessed all sins I have committed?
12. Have I failed to come forward to defend another person when I knew the lie, or that the person was being slandered or spoken against unjustly?
13. Have I tried to see the good in others?
14. Have I concentrated on the shortcomings in others?
15. Have I engaged in idle chatter?
16. Have I spoken unnecessarily?
17. Have I laughed or acted frivolously?
18. Have I made a real effort to be truthful at all times?
19. Have I said unkind things of another?
20. Have I not defended others unjustly accused to “side” with family or friends?
21. Have I unnecessarily thinking or speaking negatively about a person, even when true?
22. Have I been guilty of not loving my neighbor?
23. Have I not bore a positive witness FOR my neighbor?
24. Have I not bore a positive witness TO my neighbor?
25. Have I been guilty of not helping my neighbor or allowing them to reciprocate?
26. Have I not been concerned for my “greater” neighborhood and those in need in other parts of the world.
27. Have I repaid evil for good?Download the Booklet