Yom Kippur Self Examination: 10 Days of Awe Series – Day Seven
You do not commit adultery. ~ Exodus 20:14
1. Have I committed the sins of adultery or fornication?
2. Have I had any sexual experiences outside of marriage?
3. Have I kept my marriage vows of faithfulness unto my spouse only? Have I kept myself from my spouse for reasons other than prayer, illness etc.?
4. Have I done anything impure alone or with any other person(s)?
5. Have I engaged in bestiality, transvestism, sodomy or any other abnormal sexual practice?
6. Have I degraded myself or another person in any way?
7. Have I forgotten or ignored human dignity?
8. Have I been immodest in acts, thoughts, deeds, dress? Have I dressed to entice sexually someone who was not my spouse?
9. Have I lived in an improper way with anyone else?
10. Have I read or looked at immoral, suggestive or pornographic books, magazines, pictures, websites, movies, tapes, dances, plays or performances?
11. Have I entertained impure thoughts or fantasies? Have I been unfaithful to my spouse through impure thoughts or fantasies?
12. Have I looked at any person or thing in an impure way?
13. Have I spoken to or listened to impure or suggestive language, dirty jokes or lewd songs?
14. Have I eaten or drunk too much? Have I temped others to do so as to impair?
15. Have I associated with bad companions?
16. Have I been to an unsavory place and encouraged others to as well?
17. Have I tempted others or led them to commit sinful acts or to entertain sinful thoughts?
18. Have I tempted others through my own immodesty or through suggestive language or actions?
19. Have I been unfaithful to any trust?
20. Have I betrayed the confidence of anyone else?
21. Have I not helped others understand their sexuality in accordance to Torah in purity?
22. Have I not maintained a high moral standard?Day Eight