Yom Kippur Self Examination: 10 Days of Awe Series – Day Three
“You do not bring the Name of יהוה your Elohim to naught, for יהוה does not leave the one unpunished who brings His Name to naught. ~ Exodus 20:7
1. Have I profaned the name of YHVH in any way?
2. Have I been thoughtless or irreverent with the name of YHVH?
3. Have I used the name of YHVH in a curse?
4. Have I treated His Name as a joke, or joked about it?
5. Have I grumbled toward YHVH, been ashamed or even renounced Him at any time?
6. Have I shown respect for all other people, especially our elders?
7. Have I prayed absent-mindedly or inattentively?
8. Have I cursed anyone or anything?
9. Have I sworn a false oath? Or sworn an oath callously, flippantly, rashly?
10. Have I broken an oath or promise?
11. Have I entered into any sinful or unlawful contract or made such a promise?
12. Have I given into despondency?
13. Have I been lukewarm in my faith?
14. Have I been reluctant, afraid or ashamed to share my faith and be a witness to and of the message of salvation through Yeshua and living a righteous life before YHVH?
15. Have I been irregular in my praise of YHVH for all that He has done/doing in my life?
16. Have I been irregular or seldom in my worship of YHVH, corporately or privately?
17. Have I failed to honor His Name by obeying Him in anything?
18. Have I failed to be teachable by Him?
19. Have I blamed YHVH when things don’t go the way I want, or when they don’t suit me?Day Four